Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Class Report Dec 16: Oh the pain!

If you remember, yesterday the thumb on my left hand was badly injured because John threw a chair, which consequently bent it backwards, jammed it and bent the nail in half. Today, on the playground, the kids were at recess. Nikki was participating in one of her favorite pastimes: Throwing her body into my back to earn my attention. She usually hides behind me when I am not looking, crashes into me, then runs away giggling. This behavior continues until I pay her exclusive attention. Today, she bounced into me once, twice - but on the third time I turned around in time to stop her. The problem was that I tried to stop her with the same hand and thumb that was subjected to such torment yesterday. It jammed again - boy did I want to scream. I held it together long enough to get some ice, Ibuprofen, and compassion from the nurse. It swelled up like an elephants foot. She gave me a free X-Ray card so I can check for a hair-line fracture. Two more days till Winter Break.

2 comments:

  1. I imagined being a teacher is difficult these days, but this really takes the cake! Keep up the good work and know that you must be helping some child in your class somehow even if you're being bruised and battered in the process. If you ever decide to throw in the towel, you could be a writer as your blogs are exceptionally well-written and interesting. I, too, chose not to have kids - knew I would worry too much. But I sure gained lots of joy watching the children being raised around me by my friends - and you were one of them ... really cute and smart. Mikki

    ReplyDelete