Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Class Report Dec 15 - Thank goodness there is only 3 days till winter break.

Today was one of those days where I wish I had chosen a different profession. To make a long list medium size, here are the crimes in which John was found guilty of today: 1) Cursing out an assistant teacher. He told her to "f off" many times.
2) He got a running start and slammed his 200 pound, second grade body into hers at ramming speed. Good thing she is not a small girl - plus she is tough and used to being punched, choked and spit at. 3) He then picked up a desk and slammed it to the ground when he found out that he would have to wait to have his breakfast. 4) For his next act, he picked up a chair and attempted to throw it. Since I did not want any other students suffering head trauma I put my hand out to block the chair's aerial show. This was a mistake. The chair hit my thumb - jamming it badly. Blood was all over since the nail on my thumb bent backwards. John had little remorse and went back to timeout. Later, I asked him if he wanted to apologize for hurting me. He casually said no and that I should have given him his breakfast when he wanted it "so no one would get hurt". I could have easily had John suspended for multiple days, but it is far more of a punishment making him stay in school and do all his work.
After John's fireworks, the kids decided to have a debate concerning whether or not Santa Clause is real. The majority voted, the people spoke - there is no Santa Clause. However, Nikki held on to her theory that Santa is indeed a real person. When questioned why she feels that way, she coyly answered, "Santa is real because he is white."

1 comment:

  1. For their sake, the kids oughtta' be happy Santa isn't real... They would ALL be on his list - for a lump of coal with a twist of lemon...

    ReplyDelete